Wedding Rental Questions
St. George Party Rental
Making your wedding day as less stressful as possible is always the way to go! Having an incredible venue and a great rental company will ease a lot of brides mind. These companies help with set up and take down and they can make your wedding day gorgeous! When you are looking around for the perfect wedding venue, forgetting to ask the important question could mean ending up with a site that’s missing a key element or having a charge on your bill that you were not expecting! So before you sign that contract, make sure you are asking all the important questions. You could even have a printed list of the questions to take with you to each venue and/or vendor.
1. Do you have my date available?
2. How many people can the space hold? Is that number seated or standing? This is important to know whether you already know the number of people you are inviting or if you need a good idea on spaces and how many people they can hold. Do you have that many seating options available?
3. What is the fee for renting the space/items?
4. What exactly does this fee include and exclude? How many hours does the rental fee include? Venues can range from just a room rental rate to an all-inclusive (catering, tables, chairs, linens, lighting, set up, take down etc.) So this is a good question pertaining to your wedding budget.
5. How much is the cost for each additional hour? (Set up/take down)
6. What is the parking situation? Are there enough parking spots for the amount of guests this venue can hold?
7. Can I use any outside vendor or do you have a list of preferred vendors?
8. When can I begin set up on my wedding day and how much time is allotted for take down?
9. Are there any restrictions on use of the space? Often times you can’t hangs things on the walls or from the ceilings or use open flame candles.
10. Are there restrictions on photography or videography?
11. Are there any noise restrictions?
12. Is there a bridal room and a groom’s suite?
13. Can I see a sample of the items you provide? This is often just tables, chairs, linens and china
14. How much is the deposit? When is the remaining balance due? What forms of payment do you take?
15. If there is a change of weather and the event is outside do you have an indoor backup location available?
16. What is your cancellation policy?
Extra Tips – If you really love the venue/site, ask the venue to put together a proposal with all the pricing and policies, including the tax and service charge, so you have an idea of the basic cost. – Use your cell phone or camera to take photos or videos of the locations you visit. This way you have a record of what you liked or didn’t like about them. – Pay attention to venues as a whole. Check out everything! This includes the restrooms, the foyer/entrance, the dressing rooms, the outdoor lighting and even the kitchen. You want to be sure your vision can happen at this location. If possible, make arrangements with the venue to visit when it’s set up for a wedding. – Get everything in writing. Your date is not officially reserved until you sign a contract and in many cases pay the deposit. Once you’ve found the place make sure you ask what is required to lock down the booking and then follow through with those requirements. Before signing the contract make sure to read the fine print and ask any questions if you have any.
St George Party Rentals
These guys are one of the best in the area. Feel free to message them with any rental questions as well as venue recommendations!