Choosing your wedding photographer is so much more than just finding someone who has a camera and can take pretty photos. Your wedding photos are something that will be handed down and looked at throughout the years and passed down. Finding a professional photographer who matches your style and sees your vision is important.Getting to know your photographer is important. Depending on your package choice your photographer will be there to take your engagements, bridals and cover your entire wedding day. You just want to know if your expectations and vision will be met and you want to know that you can trust your photographer, and to make sure that will be met. Here are some questions to ask your potential wedding photographer.
– Does their style fit your style/vision? Each photographer has their own style. Classic, Moody or Artistic. Looking through the albums on their website is a great way to see if their style fits what you are looking for.
– How many weddings have you shot in your career and how many weddings will you be shooting on my wedding day? You want to make sure that they have experience and will be giving you the attention your wedding day deserves.
– Have you ever shot at my venue? If so flip through that album to see their work. This will help when it comes to finding the best lighting and posing groups in your space.
– Do you bring your own lighting? Depending on the venue lighting may be needed.
– Do you work from a shot list?
– Can I request certain images to be taken at my wedding? If so is there a limit to those requests, how will you make sure those images are captured?
– How many hours are included in your package and how much does an additional hour of coverage cost? Sometimes things don’t go as planned, make sure you know what the hourly rate is and if at all possible if you think you will be going over the packages time book an extra hour up front to make sure your photographer is booked through your time and knows what to expect.
– Do you bring a second shooter?
– How many images can I expect to see from my wedding? What is included in the package and how much do you charge to receive additional images?
– How long does it take to see the proofs from my wedding? What is your turn around time?
– How do I receive my images through you? Do you offer printing?
– Will you use my images in any advertising?
– What is your plan if you are ill or there is an emergency and you can’t photograph my wedding? It’s nice to know what your photographers back up plan is just in case.
– How much is your deposit and when is the remaining balance due?
– What is your cancellation policy?