Getting a marriage license is a detail often overlooked by the bride and groom in the middle of their busy month before the wedding. But getting is license is something that cannot be forgotten if you want to walk down the aisle. Whether you are already a resident, or coming from out of town, make sure you allow a few days before your wedding to make sure you have the proper paper work ready.
WASHINGTON COUNTY MARRIAGE LICENSES
Marriage licenses can be obtained from the Washington County Clerk’s Office
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(4:30 is the latest time that we will process a marriage license)
They are located at: 197 East Tabernacle, St. George, Utah 84770
How to Apply
Both parties must appear at the County Clerk’s Office with proof of age, proper identification, and pay a license fee of $30 by check, cash, or money order. The license fee is non-refundable and includes one certified copy.
Identification and proof of age is required of all persons.
If a divorce has been granted within the last six months, you need t
o provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
When to apply
Both parties need to be present with required documents. A marriage license is then issued and becomes effective immediately but must be used within 30 days from the date of purchase, at which time the license expires. Refunds and extensions cannot be granted. A license issued in Washington County may be used in any county in the State of Utah.
Your officiant will need to have both parties sign, the witnesses and send the certificate back no later than 30 days after the date it was issued.
IRON COUNTY MARRIAGE LICENSES
Marriage licenses are issued at the office of the Iron County Clerk 68 South 100 East, Parowan, Utah.
Licenses are valid for thirty days (30) from date of issue. Licenses are valid in any County within Utah. Bride and groom must both be present. (Exceptions can be made with prior arrangements if both bride and groom cannot come in at the same time.)
Information required for application to marry:
- The full names of the parties, including the maiden name of the female.
- The Social Security numbers of the parties, unless the party has not been assigned a number. (Does not appear on license and is not open to public inspection.)
- The current address of each party.
- The date and place of birth (Town or City, County, State or Country).
- The name of their respective parents, including the maiden name of the mother.
- The birthplace of fathers and mothers (Town or City, County, State or Country).
- A valid picture ID with current information is required.
- $30 application fee on all marriage licenses