If you’re having an outdoor summertime wedding, you’re probably envisioning a gorgeous, blue-sky day that’s like something out of a movie.
What you’re not envisioning is your guests being overheated, dehydrated and slumping in their chairs from the humidity, sweat pouring down the back of your dress, and hundreds of mosquitoes stuck in the icing of your perfect summer wedding cake. Or the guests remarking that they’ve never been so uncomfortable in all their lives.
Don’t let mother nature steal your summer wedding perfection! We have 5 tips for preventing the dangers of the dog-day summertime heat!
5 Tips For Outdoor Summer Weddings
1. Choose an Indoor-Outdoor location. If you haven’t already booked your site — whether all-outdoors or all-indoors — look for a beautiful reception site that offers both outdoor and indoor party areas, such as one with a fabulous ballroom and a lovely outdoor terrace overlooking manicured gardens, a golf course, or the ocean. Guests can decide if they want to be in the outdoor elements, or comfortable inside in the air conditioned building. You want this especially if you have older or pregnant guests, it’s essential to provide a cooler environment option for all.
2. Rent A/C units. If your wedding will be in a tent, or out in the open air, be sure to rent high-quality, portable fans that you test out in the rental store to judge their strength and relative silence. Great party fans now run at a lower volume level so that everyone can hear the toasts and the music. Invest well in plenty of these fans for everyone’s comfort, and place them around the seating area, the bar, anywhere guests will gather.
3. Provide cooling gadgets. At hot outdoor weddings, and even on the tables of the terrace, set out vases or theme-appropriate containers of little hand-held, battery-run fans, or pretty paper fans for guests to cool themselves with.
4. Use natural shade. Scout out your location and ask the site manager to arrange seats and tables under the shade of trees, or with big, bright table umbrellas.
5. No burning their butts! If your site will set out metal chairs for the ceremony or outdoor seating, be aware that metal can heat up in the sun. You can arrange for chair cushions or invest in fabric slip covers for chairs that will be placed in peak sunlight.
We love our preferred vendors! And we know St. George Party rentals can make your outdoor summer wedding perfect! You can follow St. George party rentals on Facebook and Instagram. You can also view their previous work on their website.